The digital transformation of companies is a necessity, although its embodiment is not an easy process to carry out and not all the sectors involved (employees, entrepreneurs, customers, etc.) can understand, due to the lack of knowledge of processes and concepts for its implementation.
The digital transformation is the application of digital capabilities in the processes, products and assets necessary to improve efficiency, enable progress in customer estimation, manage conflicts and discover new opportunities in processes and procedures in that niche. In short, it is the integration of digital technology in the areas of a company or institution, changing the way in which the company operates and provides value to its customers, involving a re-elaboration of products, processes and strategies within the organization through the use of technology. It enables the organization to help keep pace with the demands of emerging customers, competing in an economic environment that constantly evolves as technology evolves.
The importance of such a process, that is, the passage of any company or organization to meddle in the digital transformation comes to try to keep pace with the demands of emerging customers and their future maintenance.
These processes support two key axes:
- Paperless, as a solution for digital transformation and digitization, giving accessibility to documentation through the use of document managers.
- Digitalization, the digital process is a necessity in the generation of business growth.
In order to do this, multiple technologies must be used in these key processes, which allow the transformation to be tackled, as they are: Cloud computing. Information technology. Mobile platforms. Machine Learning. Artificial intelligence.
Thus, we can access the pillars of digital transformation:
- Culture. Way of working and way of relating people and processes call the culture of a company. Thus the digital transformation passes first through the people to achieve that digital transformation.
- Super Client Paradigm. New consumer is characterized by changing the way of acquiring, consuming and looking for products and services, so business organizations must adapt to these innovations.
- New business models. The emergence of a new way of consumption and the change of rules mean that organizations are constantly changing.
- Data and its analysis. Application of data governance not only from the outside in, but also from the inside.
- Innovation It is necessary to build products and services in the digital context.
Objectives to be achieved
- Carry out a digital transformation in an institution or company that drives an efficient digital transformation.
- Know how to analyze the organizational context within which to design and implement electronic document management systems.
- Identify processes and tools in the digital transformation of the company.
- To know and understand the rules and reports on which business digitalization should be based.
- Be familiar with the technological fundamentals, formats and standards.
- Know how to identify the requirements to be met by a computer tool, according to the needs detected, and proceed to its selection and implementation.
- Get involved in the improvement of the processes of the digital marketing strategy or social media marketing.
- Know how to identify possible innovation points.
- Know databases and establish a monitoring system.
- Empower workers on the digital transformation.
The subject matter to be dealt with in this training action links different fields of action:
Cloud. Databases. Digital transformation. Metadata. Electronic signature. Technologies. Mobile platforms. Artificial intelligence. Digitalization. Electronic documents. Paperless. Conservation. Preservation. Documentary security.
This in-company certification has been created for professionals from companies and organizations who wish to deepen the knowledge and skills of their employees in the fundamentals of digitization.
The certification comprises an online course of 30 hours, taught in the Campus of the Documentation Sciences Foundation, divided into 5 learning modules.
At the end of the online course, participants must pass a single exam – under controlled digital environment – to obtain the accreditation that recognizes their professional certification.
The course is coordinated and taught by Professor Juan Antonio Fernández Toro (Spain).
Module 1. Introduction to business digitalization.
Business Digitization: Transform or Die.
Effects and consequences of digitization.
Digital transformation factors.
Module 2. Electronic Administration.
Characteristics and purposes of e-Government.
Implementation of an Electronics Administration. Some business modernization plans.
The electronic document and its management.
Transparency and Open Government. Keys in the Electronic Administration and in the Digital Transformation of the company.
Module 3. Document management systems.
Approach to a document management system in the institution.
Establishment of a suitable software.
Documentary processes and procedures.
Module 4. Digitization processes in the company.
Module 5. The project of digital transformation of the company.
Introduction to the management of the transformation project.
Definition of the projects.
Planning and Organization.
Control, information and completion of the management of a digital transformation project in a company or institution.